2020 Contest Information and Rules
AMPI country provides so many great opportunities to capture some amazing seasonal photos for the AMPI Photo Contest.
Who can enter?
The contest is open to any AMPI member-owner or family members and employees of AMPI farms. Professional photographers are not eligible.
Photos must be submitted on or before September 21, 2020. You must own all legal rights to submitted photos.
Awards and Recognition
A first-place winner will be chosen for each of the four season - winter, spring, summer and fall - will receive $100 in AMPI Bucks and the photos will be featured in the 2021 AMPI wall calendar. Along with the four winners, additional photos will also be selected and printed in the 2021 AMPI wall calendar, distributed in the fall of 2020.
How many photos can I enter?
You may enter up to three (3) photographs per season.
Image format and size
Photographs must be in digital format. — Hard copy print, slide or negative submissions will be not accepted and will not be returned. All digital files must be 1 megabyte (MB) or larger, in jpeg or tif format, and 300 dpi or higher. If your file size is 10 MB or larger, please submit via flash drive or by uploading to a cloud-based site such as Dropbox and email a link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to enter and name your photographs
Email your files to email@example.com
- When submitting photos, please be sure you also include your first and last name - how you would like it to appear on the calendar if your photo is selected and your mailing address.
- Be sure to include the season/category you would like to enter in the name your photo file. (Example: Fence_Winter.jpg) Use one of the methods below to submit your completed forms and photographs.
Mail a flash drive to:
AMPI Corporate Office
Attn: Nickie Sabo, Photo Contest
P.O. Box 455
New Ulm, MN 56073
IMPORTANT – AMPI accepts no responsibility for any lost or misplaced flash drives. Flash drives and/or photos files will not be returned.
Upload your files to a cloud-based file sharing site such as Dropbox and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What rights to my photograph do I retain?
You retain ownership and all rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, entrants grant AMPI permission, royalty-free, to publish submitted photos on the co-op's website and to reproduce images for outreach and promotional purposes. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. AMPI will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
When will the winners be announced?
The winning photographers will be contacted via email no later than October 31, 2020.
Who selects the winners?
A panel of judges selected by AMPI staff will meet to review and select the top photographs.
Will I be notified if my photo was NOT selected?
No. Due to the large number of submissions, only the winners will be notified. If you do not hear from AMPI by October 31, then your photograph has not been selected.
What if my digital photo does not have a resolution at least 300 dpi at 8 x 10 inches?
Without this requirement met, AMPI cannot consider your photograph as a possible finalist or winner in our contest.
CONGRATULATIONS to all who submitted winning photos in the AMPI Photo Contest! For each season, one photo was named the winner and earned the photographer $100 in AMPI Bucks. The winners are:
- Winter — Scott DeJong, Edgerton, Minn.
- Spring — Jonathan Gerdes, Caledonia, Minn.
- Summer — Kaitlyn Heintz, Arena, Wis.
- Fall — Lindsay Kaiser, Waverly, Iowa
Congratulations also goes out to these AMPI members who also had photos printed in the 2020 calendar:
- Brittany Zanoth, Pequot Lakes, Minn.
- Karen Simington, Cornell, Wis.
- Bonnie Richter, Wadena, Minn.
- Carol Schaefer, Paynesville, Minn.
- Katie Luehmann, Lewiston, Minn.
- Scott Krueger, Arlington, Minn.
- Jane Pederson, Westbrook, Minn.
- Tina Frey, Braham, Minn. (April inset photo - incorrectly ID'd on calendar)
- Hillary Morarend, Guttenberg, Iowa
- Nicole Stewart, Chetek, Wis.
- Benjamin Donnay, Glencoe, Minn.
- Daren Dummer, Elk Mound, Wis.
- Lindsay Kaiser, Waverly, Iowa
- Terri Karow, Augusta, Wis.
- Pat Bakeberg, Waverly, Minn.
- Leroy Eggink, Sibley, Iowa
- Karla Geisler, Bruce, Wis.
- Matthew Peterson, Boyd, Wis.