2021 Contest Information and Rules
Farm and family life and the beautiful Upper Midwest countryside provide many opportunities to capture amazing photos for the AMPI Photo Contest.
Who can enter?
The contest is open to any AMPI member-owner or family members and employees of AMPI farms. Professional photographers are not eligible.
Photos must be submitted on or before September 20, 2021. You must own all legal rights to submitted photos.
Awards and Recognition
A first-place winner will be chosen for each of the four seasons - winter, spring, summer and fall - will receive $100 in AMPI Bucks. The photos will be featured in the 2022 AMPI Calendar. Along with the four winners, additional photos will also be selected and printed in the calendar, distributed to members late Fall 2021.
How many photos can I enter?
You may enter up to three (3) photographs per season.
Image format and size
Photographs must be in digital format. Hard copy print, slide or negative submissions will not be accepted and will not be returned. All digital files must be 1 megabyte (MB) or larger, in jpeg or tif format, and 300 dpi or higher. If your file size is 10 MB or larger, please submit via flash drive or by uploading to a cloud-based site such as Dropbox and email a link to email@example.com.
How to enter and name your photographs
Email your files to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When submitting photos, please be sure you also include your first and last name how you would like it to appear on the calendar if your photo is selected. Please include your mailing address.
- Be sure to include the season/category you would like to enter in the name your photo file. (Example: Fence_Winter.jpg) Use one of the methods below to submit your completed forms and photographs.
IMPORTANT – AMPI accepts no responsibility for any lost or misplaced flash drives. Flash drives and/or photo files will not be returned.
What rights to my photograph do I retain?
You retain ownership and all rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, entrants grant AMPI permission, royalty-free, to publish submitted photos on the co-op's website and to reproduce images for outreach and promotional purposes. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. AMPI will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
When will the winners be announced?
The winning photographers will be contacted via email no later than October 31, 2021.
Who selects the winners?
A panel of judges selected by AMPI staff will meet to review and select the top photographs.
Will I be notified if my photo was NOT selected?
No. Due to the large number of submissions, only the winners will be notified. If you do not hear from AMPI by October 31, then your photograph has not been selected.
What if my digital photo does not have a resolution at least 300 dpi at 8 x 10 inches?
Without this requirement met, AMPI cannot consider your photograph as a possible finalist or winner in our contest.
CONGRATULATIONS to all who submitted winning photos in the AMPI Photo Contest! For each season, one photo was named the winner and earned the photographer $100 in AMPI Bucks. The winners are:
- Winter — Kim Schmidt, Owatonna, Minn.
- Spring — Kelsey Klarenbeck, Sioux Center, Iowa
- Summer — Dawn Knipper, Earlville, Iowa
- Fall — Will Ellenz, Caledonia, Minn.
Congratulations also goes out to these AMPI members who also had photos printed in the 2021 calendar:
- Heather Korver, Alton, Iowa
- Kelly Schmitz, Freeport, Minn.
- Nicole Stewart, Chetek, Wis.
- Anna Wilson, Garnavillo, Iowa
- Janora Korver, Alton, Iowa
- Jane Pederson, Westbrook, Minn.
- Amanda Douveir, Albany, Minn.
- Jonathan Gerdes, Caledonia, Minn.
- Aaron Radermacher, Brooten, Minn.
- Terri Karow, Augusta, Wis.
- Carol Schaefer, Paynesville, Minn.
- Tiffany Wulfekuhle, Delhi, Iowa
- Hillary Morarend, Guttenberg, Iowa